Team NNJA
.............................sign in..................................or.............................register.
Team NNJA
.............................sign in..................................or.............................register.
Team NNJA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team NNJA

Team nnja!!!!! We're here to kill like never before!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Console Memory/ External Hard Drives

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PART_TIME_NINJA
Admin
Admin
PART_TIME_NINJA

Console Memory/ External Hard Drives Empty
PostSubject: Console Memory/ External Hard Drives   Console Memory/ External Hard Drives Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:11 pm

With all the hype recently over systems competing for maximum hard drive space I thought this post might be useful. PS3 and Xbox 360 both have console models with up to 250gigs. Upgrading to the big, bad 250gig PS3 usually runs about $100 more than the 120gig console. Upgrading the Xbox 360 hard drives usually costs about $1 a gig. The extra memory is nice but extremely overpriced in my opinion, especially when there are other, cheaper options out there. For that same $100 I picked up a Western Digital 1 Terabyte MyBook external hard drive for my 120gig PS3 that creates a new hard drive capacity of 1120gigs. That's all the memory you'd ever need for downloading games and movies, storing pictures and music, etc. There are also smaller more portable versions available in the MyPassport that range up to 640gigs. I use the smaller 500gig with my laptop when I travel. You get to keep all your media without lagging down your system with too much data. They all use simple USB connections and set-up is as easy as plugging it in. Prices range from $79 to $120, but you can usually pick these up on sale at WalMart or Best Buy. If you're looking to upgrade your memory you should really check these out.

Here's the 1TB MyBook (also available in 2TB+)

Console Memory/ External Hard Drives Tb10

Here's the 500gig MyPassport (also available in 250, 320, and 640gigs)

Console Memory/ External Hard Drives My-pas10
Back to top Go down
https://team-nnja.forumotion.net
PART_TIME_NINJA
Admin
Admin
PART_TIME_NINJA

PostSubject: Re: Console Memory/ External Hard Drives   Console Memory/ External Hard Drives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Just saw the 320gig MyPassport online @ Walmart for $50. That's a sweet deal!
Back to top Go down
kongsta
Admin
Admin
kongsta

PostSubject: Re: Console Memory/ External Hard Drives   Console Memory/ External Hard Drives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:48 pm

You and your gadgets, lol I was wondering to see if I had to tear down fatboy for that, but looks like all I need is a free usb plugg. Thanks for the info bro.
Back to top Go down
PART_TIME_NINJA
Admin
Admin
PART_TIME_NINJA

PostSubject: Re: Console Memory/ External Hard Drives   Console Memory/ External Hard Drives Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:36 pm

No worries bro. Check out Walmart online, they have a lot of the Western Digital MyBook and MyPassport models on sale for some rediculous prices. Look for the "Essential" models. Those are their basic models and are the cheapest. The 1 terabyte MyBook model is the best buy in my opinion, but it requires plugging it in to an external powersource. The smaller MyPassports are solely USB powered which makes them more convenient and portable, but a 500gig MyPassport is roughly the same price as the 1TB MyBook. If you're using it mainly for the household I recommend going for the terabyte. Glad I could help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Console Memory/ External Hard Drives   Console Memory/ External Hard Drives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Console Memory/ External Hard Drives
Page 1 of 1